Affiliate marketing has grown exponentially in recent years. All major companies like Flipkart, Amazon, GoDaddy, eBay, MakeMyTrip have been affiliate marketing partners for quite some time. Businesses are adding affiliate marketing strategies to explore a variety of tech solutions and help them get off the curve. Affiliate marketing allows you to provide useful information about your service or product, which builds audience trust in your brand and grows traffic to your website.
Who are the key players in affiliate marketing?
- The partner – You are the publisher, also known as affiliate or partner, you are promoting a product or service on your website to your readers.
- The dealer – The brand or a company that sells the goods or services. You want to retain new customers and get more sales, and you can pay affiliates for every sale, the affiliate refers back to the merchant who converts.
- The Affiliate Network – This network brings partners and dealers together and helps to grow the business.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
The merchant selling the products provides a unique link to track each product listed on the affiliate’s website. So when someone clicks the link, a file called a cookie is stored on their device. In this way, the merchant can easily assign the sale to the right partner.
Aside from tracking, if a consumer delays a purchase after clicking the link, the tracking information (with an expiration date) is saved to assist the merchant in repaying the affiliate.
Affiliate Marketing Process
1. Choose a platform
The first step is to choose a platform where you want to market your product/service. You can search Google to see which companies are open to affiliate marketing.
2. Select product category
Select a product category that you want to promote, e.g. B. for ex-books, clothes, beverages, cereals, electronic devices, etc.
3. Create content
Create content around the product category and products that will help you attract your audience.
4. Get affiliate marketing links
Get affiliate links and drive traffic to your website. This is the most important step of your entire process. Link everything carefully so that the target audience can be directed to your website.
How to become an Amazon affiliate to increase income?
1. Open Amazon Associates Central
2. Sign in to your existing account or sign up for a new account
3. After login – It shows “Account Information”
4. Select the Payee Listed Above option
5. No for US taxpayers and click Next
6. Type “your website”, click “Add” and “Next”.
7. Enter the business ID of your preferred partner “any name”.
8. Your website list > Enter your website
9. Write a “short summary” of what your website or app is about
10. Select the main topic and sub-topic that best describes your website
11. Select the product categories that you want to promote on your website
12. Select the relevant type that best suits your website
13. Select the “How to drive traffic to your website” channels.
14. From the drop-down list, select “How do you use your website and apps to generate revenue”
15. Select “How do you usually build links”
16. Select “Total number of visitors”
17. Select the reason for joining the affiliate program
18. Select “How did you hear about us”
19. Enter the Captcha and agree to the Terms and Conditions
20. Click Finish
Go back to the Amazon Associates home page
1. Click on “Product link” in the menu.
2. Select “Product Links”
3. Search for “product” in the search bar relevant to your category.
4. Click “Get Link” next to the product you want to promote.
5. If you want to customize the link, click the dropdown menu next to Get Link, make changes (optional) and scroll down to copy the unique link
6. After the link has been copied, go back to your WordPress admin page
7. Edit the post where you want to upload the link
8. Right click or double click on the area where you will get an option to paste the HTML link
9. To enable a specific word for a link, select the word, right-click it, choose Paste Link > paste the link copied from the Amazon Affiliate Program Headquarters
10. Click Update or Publish > Now go to your website and test whether the link works or not
I hope these steps will help you make yourself an Amazon Associate. If you want to master affiliate marketing skills, take the Digital Marketing course that will empower you to learn affiliate marketing skills like a pro.